I spent most of this weekend on Twitter, following the events in Israel and Gaza. There are so many things I could write about: the unforgivable double standards of the West, the silence of some self-proclaimed decolonial scholars, how social media becomes a rabbit hole during big events, how it pushes you into an impotent rage, which can only be quelled by consuming more content and becoming angrier. How you almost obsessively start checking Twitter accounts of the people you follow to see which side of the issue they stand on. Maybe because I am tired, but I feel like there is nothing more to say on any of these issues. Am unprecedented event happened, and I was hooked by it this weekend, end of story. Such a large part of being wise seems to involve learning to not beat yourself up about stuff, large and small, and move on. We continually find new ways to beat ourselves up, so we must continually learn how not to.
Sunday, October 8, 2023
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment