I fell out with an acquaintance today over our differing views on Palestine ( he doesn't have a link to this blog). There was little prospect of a roaring friendship with him, so I am not disappointed. I do appreciate I have strong views about Palestine, but I am open to listening other points of view. With acquaintances especially, I am also open to severing ties if my views are a deal-breaker to the other person. Ties can be severed respectfully and without drama. Life is too short to spend interacting with people who make you angry. That said, telling an acquaintance that you would rather not meet again makes it sound like you are ending things with a date, which sounds a bit naff? In this case, I was fortunate that the acquaintance ended things, because I was getting tired of the conversation. I also like the phrase he used "I thinks it best to step back from this. Thanks". I interpreted this as him wanting to end our acquaintanceship, and I quickly acquiesced. It is only later that I realised that he may have meant that he wanted to step back from the conversation. Either way, its too late now.
Sunday, October 15, 2023
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment