Sunday, October 29, 2023

Clocks Go Back 2023

 The clocks went back today, and since some traditions are not meant to be broken, I did my cozy winter yoga session, and this blog will look back to the time the clocks changed in the spring. With regular blogging, it is easy to get caught in there here and the now, and periodically looking back over a longer period brings some much-needed perspective. The overarching theme of my spring post was that life had gotten much better compared to 2020 and 2021. And, the improvements continue. No, I didn't get the job I was gunning for, but other than that, there is not much to complain about. I went to South Asia in May and had an amazing trek in Nepal. This summer was my first without an unfinished PhD weighing me down. While I beat myself up a bit over not being too productive on the research front, I eventually accepted that it would be a slow summer. My parents visited over the summer, I took up trail-running, and I have also discovered the long-hidden activist bone in my body. I also had therapy, which helped bring some clarity as to the steps that I should take on both the professional and personal front. All in all, it was a good seven months. 

No comments: