I have written previously about my first Bumble BFF date and how the platonic chemistry was lacking. Today, I had my second BFF date, which went much better even if there were no sparks either. I don't want to turn this into a blog post about how friendships are formed. But, I couldn't help but notice that the first one was with a British guy. I haven't written about this before, and my views are not fully formed on this topic, but I find it difficult to make friends with British people. They can be pleasant enough, but then you often hit a wall made up of that famous British reserve. There are lots of things I appreciate about life In Britain, particularly that it is an introvert-friendly society. There is no expectation to strike up random conversations with strangers. But, the British reserve has its downsides too. Making friendships entails stepping into other people's space and taking the chance that they might resent the intrusion.
Friday, September 1, 2023
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment