Sunday, May 28, 2023

Dancing

I went dancing last night in Thane for the first time. Thane is changing beyond recognition, and the club I went to was fancier than any of the clubs I have been to in Europe or the UK. Not that I have been to many at all. But, they had fancy lights, sparkler guns, cool visuals, a blonde girl to serve cocktail with sparkles--the works. And, I have recently started seeking out opportunities to dance. I have always enjoyed dancing and I am a decent dancer, if I may say so meself. I have a ear for rhythm and what I lack in grace, i make up for in enthusiasm and athleticism. I have also taken to dancing in my ktichen, which is particularly suited for it. Dancing when no one is watching is quite a treat for someone like me who is self-conscious. I think yoga has helped me move more easily and less stiffly too. In my kitchen I am the picture of ease and grace. But, yesterday, a friend took a video of me dancing, and it turns out I am nowhere near as a graceful as I thought I was. It doesn't matter thought, if I am dancing by myself in the ktichen. 

No comments: