Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Back In My Adolescence Bedroom

I am back in the bedroom where I sent a good part of my adolescence and adulthood after five nights of sleeping on the floor of my parents' bedroom. Blogging was out of the question because it was a full house. Blogging requires physical and mental space. The past five days are a bit of a blur. The things that stood out were the heat and the frequent reminders about my single status amid my cousin's wedding. This is not a post about my long-term singlehood, but I recently read a book about singlehood which echoed many of my feelings about it and I will get to it someday. For now I will just say that I encouraged and participated in jokes about my single status. I tried to embrace rather than avoid the elephant in the room, and as a man, I guess it was easier. It helps that Indian weddings are oriented around families rather than couples. There is no need for a plus one, as there is no couples dance or any dancing at all. 

No comments: