Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Twitter Beefs

 Can an INFJ ever be an active Twitter user? Twitter is not for the think-skinned, and us INFJs are notoriously sensitive. In the past few days, I have seen a couple of takedowns on Twitter that left me smarting on behalf of the targets. And, the targets were not even acquaintances, just people whom I follow and who follow me. Even publicizing your work on Twitter exposes you to the risk of barbs thrown from people who have zero incentive to be collegiate or civil to you. And, people can got to great lengths to come across as witty. For now, I am very much a lurker on Twitter, who barely even retweets stuff, forget tweeting. Twitter is a great knowledge and meta-knowledge/trivia resource. But, I don't know how long I can be a lurker. After I receive my PhD, and can share my opinions with some confidence won't I ahve to wade into the swamp? But, I will cross that bridge (or not) when I come to it. 

No comments: