Today, while slogging over my thesis in the evening, I was struck by the thought that its just too complicated. For one, it is a sea of neologisms. Academics love to put old wine in new bottles. They come up with concepts that are too vaguely defined so they could apply to literally any phenomena. Or they are annoyingly close to well-recognized concepts. Am i guilty of the same/ Apoart from the neologisms, I just feel like I am engaging superficially with too many heavy concepts. Anyone well-versed in one of these concepts would find a lot of problems with my perfunctory treatment of them. The bottomline is I feel like the story I am telling is too complicated. And, that it has too many dense strands that I haven't been able to weave together in a coherent whole. I can't possibly imagine anyone apart from my supervisor and examiners (hopefully) taking the time and effort to understand what positon-making is and why it matters. Ah well, I guess a lot of people write PhDs containing concepts and ideas that remained sealed in the bowels of academia forever.
Wednesday, March 3, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment