Monday, April 28, 2025

Reading This blog

I was going to title this post 'Meta Blog', thinking that I hadn't used this title before, but that's not the case. I haven’t written a blog post about blogging in ages, so maybe I forgot. This blog is more than seven years old, and the first few years were prolific, before I realised how personal diarish the blog had become. I took a step back in 2022, returned to blogging more regularly, picked up the pace again in 2023 before slowing down again. Now, I don’t blog more than once a week. I have written before how my output in the first wo years was so heavy because I was pouring out the accumulated wisdom of my life up to that time. After that catch-up phase, wisdom is accumulating more slowly, so there is less urgency to dispense it. So, I have decided to read my blog more even if I don’t post more often. It is amazing how mental states feel unique even though they are cyclical in nature. Chance are you have felt the way you feel before, the problem you are wrestling with you have grappled before,  and you possibly wrote a blog post to help you solve, alleviate or cope with it. Far be it from me to claim that this blog is a fount of wisdom. But, I have cumulatively put a lot of though in it, and there is so solace to be gained from reading old posts, even its only for myself. So, I have decided to read old posts more, instead of doom-scrolling in the evenings. 

No comments: