I've written before about how ont learning to sweat the small stuff requires a lot of rpactice for an overthinker. Right now, I am preparing to move continents, so tehre is a lot of big stuff and small stuff to sweat. The big stuff like deciding whether to move or not was a n easychoice because it was either this or move back to India. I wasn;t even short-listed for any other jobs, and as soon as I got this offer I promptly removed myself from all job advert mailing lists. The other big stuff was deciding where to live. I spent a month searching in the apparentyl trendy town of Northampton. and was targetted by numerous scamsters, falling prey to a weirdo. But, when I decided to abort my search in Noho, and look in Amherst I found an apartment in a matter of days. I moved with a speed and decisiveness that surpised myself. In contrast, I have been agonizing over decisions like whether to mail a box of books to a friend's place or to my new place and when to ask friends if they want any of the stuff I want to dispose off. I am having to frequently tell myself, "this si not a big deal, it doesn't really matter what you choose". It feels like I sweat the bigg stuff less than the small stuff. Maybe because for the big stuff, I go with my instinct, I go with what "feels "right, ratehr than what "thinks" right. With the small stuff, there are no feelings, so I just have to go with the head.
Wednesday, July 17, 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment