Friday, June 3, 2022

Sore Throat Before Hols

 As luck would have it, I woke up with a sore throat this morning. Not great timing, since I am due to go to Cornwall tomorrow. I spent most of the morning moping, but then the day got better, even though my throat didn't. I also met my friends for dinner in the evening, after apprising them of the situation, and making sure they were ok with me attending. It was pouring when I left for dinner, and I arrived at the restaurant drenched. I didn't feel great during the dinner, but I forced myself to make conversation. And, do you know what, it worked. My mood lifted as dinner progressed and by the end of the dinner, I was feeling buoyant. I was hit by the micro-epiphany that the worst that could happen was that I would test positive for Covid and have to cancel the vacation and lose a fair bit of money. I am on the path to cultivating a more healthy relationship with money, so I am confident that that bit won't rankle. The only other thing to worry about was not to give a cold to my friend. I could take adequate precautions with that. I am fortunate that a cold doesn't knock me out completely.

No comments: