Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Holiday in Cornwall

The Cornwall holiday failed to meet even my low expectations. Why the low expectations? Because I am not a seaside person, because the weather forecast was not great, and because the friend I was with is not a soul friend.  She is a dear friend, but I have come to realise that you can have dear friends whom you would rather not spend extended lengths of time with. But, that is the subject of another blog post. I caught a cold a day before my Cornwall trip, and the wind and the intermittent sun of Cornwall made it worse. This particular cold has given me food for thinking about my relationship with exercise and whether it turns abusive at times. I knew fully well it was not a great idea to go for a hill run before a day and night out, but I still did. And, I am paying the price. I don't expect to find all the answers today, and maybe there are no clear answers. So, I am just going to leave it at that. 

No comments: