She might not be my chief tormentor at the moment, but cumulatively she has by far given me the most grief. She remained one of the least considerate people I've met. I sometimes wonder how I put with all of it. I had decided that she and the Irish guy were the kind of people who only give you bad surprises. The only good surprise they could possibly provide is news of their departure. I have been proven wrong about the Irish guy, but that's a story for another day. So, yes, I will be glad to see the back of Betty.
Wednesday, June 1, 2022
Betty Leaves Tomorrow
Betty is moving out tomorrow. One year ago I would have jumped for joy at this news. However, although Betty has long ceased to be my chief tormentor, her sullen presence was a bit of a dampener on my mood. We must have barely spoken a few words to each other since that incident last April. And, there would be periodic reminders that silent Betty does not equal stable Betty. We have had the ambulance service us a couple of times in the wee hours of the morning, most recently this morning. The possibility that she might take the ultimate step was not far-fetched. And although I had mentally dissociated myself from her, I will feel relieved by her departure. She is a like a powder keg with slightly moist powder. Not a clear threat but you never know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment