So, the unthinkable but expected has happened, and Donal Trump will be US president again. To be honest, I don't think I would have felt much better if Kamala Harris had won, because she has been such a terrible candidate. With every passing week, she tacked further to the right until she started resembling a never-Trump Republican. For the past few weeks, I had felt my body becoming increasingly tense. News from Palestine and Lebanon had been affecting me more than usual, and I would get sudden bouts of lethargy. For a while, I thought it was the dry air from the heater. But, I think it was the wait to know whether we would be ruled by a genocidal fascist or a genocide liberal-except-on Palestine. Which is curious because Harris would have been terrible in thinkable ways, while Trump will be terrible in unthinkable ways. I am not a woman, a Republican state resident, or poor or black so I won't feel theshort end of the stick in a Trump presidency. But, on Palestine, it is hard to think about how Trump could be worse than Biden/harris. I don't want to turn this intop a piece of political commentary becaue there are far smarter and better informed people doing that. Who knows what a Trump presidency will bring? But, this is at least an end of the road for one brand of genocidalists.
Wednesday, November 6, 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment