Friday, August 30, 2024
One Month in the US
I came to the US exactly one moenth ago today, and its been a good month. Yes, there have been teething troubles--I bought the wrong mattress, the wrong cycle, and goodness knows what else. I have been shocked by the price of everything and left bewildered by the absence of grocery stores in the college town I know call home. I jsu went back and read my first post from the US, and it is a litany of rants about the move. But what is surprising is how little I remember any of it. It feels like water under the bridge that has long since flowed into the ocean. Yes, I don't have a big social circle yet, but I have an agreeable officemate and lunchmates, which I didn't for my last year in Bristol. Work is picking up, and I feel useful, like I am doing something worthwhile for the first time in years. I woudn't go so far as to say I ahve found a ewn purpose in life, but that possibility doesn't seem as remote as it did jsut a few weeks ago. And, I have aleady written about how I have transformed into an extroverted spendthrift from a thrifty introvert. Whether that transition is temporary remains to be seen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment