One benefit of this blog is it chronicles how I felt at a particular time in my life. And, that is important because my recollections of how I felt at that point in time might be different. Reading my past posts often makes me cringe, especially posts from the year that was a pit for me and so many other--2021. Most of my posts from that year were soaked in angst. But, the posts from that year are a reminder of how much my mental state has improved since, even if it might not feel that way with all that is happening in the world. I have an interview for a post-doc position in the US tomorrow so I decided to go back and read my posts from around the time when I interviewed for my current job. I remember being quite nervous before the interview, which was quite unlike me because I am a fairly confident interviewee. But, I had to read y past posts to be reminded of how much of a jumble of nerves I was. The 24 hours that I had spent as an anxious wreck because my teaching demo video had a minor error had evaporated from my memory. For a job that was not even close to being a dream job. Another nerve-wracking interview I successfully interviewed for my PhD position in 2016. That was at the peak of my post-dengue complications, and I remember being such a mess that I read out some of my answers from a Word file. Another advantage of doing interviews on Zoom. There is no account of that interview because it was in my pre-blogging days but I remember being a trembling mess. Tomorrow, I am interviewing for a position that is as close to a dream job that I can expect to find and I am feeling much more relaxed. Yes, some nerves will hit me between now and 4pm tomorrow, but I can't imagine it will be as bad as before the 2021 or the 2016 interviews.
Tuesday, March 19, 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment