Neither was the interview a disaster, nor did I smash it. There were questions that I had not prepared for, as there always are. With 20:20 hindsight, Maybe I should have prepared for them. Or, if I was more enthusiastic about the project, rather than the prospect of a big change, maybe I would have thought about those questions. Or, maybe I am just too mentally exhausted to feel enthusiastic about anything and the best that I can aim for is to fake enthusiasm. It could take as long as two weeks for them to get back to me, which I suppose is a good thing. I remember being wracked by anxiety while waiting for the outcome of a job interview last year, for a job that I was not very enthusiastic about. And a two-week wait means I must crack on with the other job applications. I will write a longer post about this but this process is as much about figuring out what I want as it it about who wants me. It is a process of exploration even if it doesn't feel one bit like it. I would like to believe that one eventually lands where one wants to, and they may not be aware that they want that particular thing until they land there. But, I suppose there is also an element of accepting where you have landed and making the best of it.
Wednesday, March 20, 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment