Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Tummy Upset before UK Return

 I meant to title this post 'Tummy Travails" but of course that title was taken. Its 1:30 am but my upset tummy is keeping me from sleeping. Tomorrow, or rather today, is going to be a long day as I fly back to the UK, but tell that to my stomach. I always have tummy troubles when I visit India, and this time was no different. One night of excess early in my trip turned an unsettled stomach into an upset stomach, and my constitution hasn't been the same since. My stomach had take a lurch for the worse in identical circumstances last year, but as I told my Mother, sometimes you have to make the same mistake twice to learn your lesson. Suffice to say, I am not going near pot for a long time. Maybe it is a question of quantity rather than the substance, but I am not interested in ascertaining which one it is. My upset tummy was a big theme of last year's trip to India, so I went back to my posts from that period to see what I had written, and whether there were any pearls of wisdom I could pick up to see me through the next 24 hours. I am no insomniac but I have enough experience of sleep problems to know that sleepless night=horrible next day. No such luck. That period was towards the end of my lean blogging phase. So, I suppose I will be blogging a lot over the next few days. Blogging forces me to lift my chin up, because nobody wants to read a mopey blog. And, when you write about something you are forced to put some distance between yourself and what you are writing about to see it clearly. And, that distance can be quite useful in difficult situations because you stop identifying with the situation so closely, even if for a brief interval. 

No comments: