Monday, January 1, 2024

Debate on Politics

I mentioned to a family friend that I had participated in the Palestine protests, which triggered a lengthy debate about political action. This blog is not about politics so I will spare you the details, but I was a bit offended by his initial remark, and also disappointed at my inability to hold my own in the ensuing debate. As a result, I said some things that were not downright rude but showed bad form. And, now I am feeling uneasy about the whole exchange. I am not convinced by his arguments, which are similar to some other loved ones', but I am not able to articulate my position well. I am not going to deny that my ego has been bruised, but I feel like there is more to it that even if I can't put my finger on 'that'. Maybe I should just sleep on it. 

No comments: