Monday, December 11, 2023

Airport blog Dec 2023

 As per tradition, another blog as I wait for a flight to the airport. The past week has been a bit of a blur even though it does not feel like I did all that much. I had a job application to finish, interviews to fix (which I didn't manage to do), and a bad cold to contend with, even as I wrapped up teaching for the semester. I also didn't participate in any Palestine activism, partly because of my cold, partly because my mind was occupied with this stuff. But, I did spend a lot of time on Twitter getting worked up about events in Gaza. Since India sharply swung rightward, it has been a reliable fount of bad news on the political front. For the past two months, India has been supplanted by Palestine. Now, for the next five weeks, I imagine Palestine won't be uppermost on my mind. The struggle for a free Palestine, and all it symbolizes for people of, from and for the Global South, will be a long one and I look forward to rejoining it when I return to the UK in January. But, right now I am looking forward to a break from it. 

No comments: