Since I arrived in the US, my maxim has been to say yes to all invitations, and so far it is working well.. This weekend, I attended a conference and I enjoyed myself. I had found the last two conferences I ateended in the UK pretty underwhelming, and I am begining to realise I had mentally checked out of the UK long before I left. I don't know why and maybe the reasons will reveal themselves in the coming weeks, months or years. On the face of it, there is a so much to dislike about the US. Maybe it is the novelty factor that is making me feel more buoyant and extroverted. But, saying yes to everything has been a positive experience. When I moved to the UK, my main vehicle for trying to meet new people were meet-up events. It didn't go well, and I feel the experiences sharpened my misanthropic tendecies. Here, I am fortunate to be in one of the biggest commuinties of heterodox economists in the world.
Monday, September 16, 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment