Saturday, September 21, 2024

Off to California

 I'm off to California tomorrow on a "workcation" with family. I am told that I am going to miss the change of season in Mass, which is something of an occasion. By the time I return, the famous New England autumn coloours will be all around me. Summer will be truly over and so will the spell of unusally dry weather that we have been blessed with almost ever since I arrived here from the UK. I have made the most of the weather by packing in a whole lot of trail running and hiking. For the past few weeks, I haven't made any purchases for the house even though my living room still  looks pretty bare, and I lack a bed-side table. Exhausted by the number of decisions that setting up house requires and singed bya  fwe wrong ones, I decided to put them off till I return from California. I have been to California three times before but this time we will be spending most of my trip in Lake Tahoe. I will be in the mountains for the first time since Nepal in summer last year. As much as I have enjoyed the hillas and pine forests of Western Mass, its time to head to the mountains now. depsite some teething troubles, the start of my life in the US has been pretty good, and I will look forward to coming back just as I am looking forward to going away for a shot break. 

No comments: