Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Airport Blog With A Difference

 I have a fondness for airport blogs, as reader(s) of this blog would know, but this is a blog with a difference because this time I am not waiting for a flight. I am sitting at an airport restaurant after bidding adieu to my parents returning to India after a three-week trip. I haven't blogged since they arrived because blogging requires space and solitude and I haven't had much of either in the past few weeks. I know I sound like a curmudgeon when I say that, but I am not bitter. I am simply stating a fact, and it was a welcome change from my daily life, which gives me plenty of time and opportunity for reflection. My parents' visit was not without potholes, but those potholes were to do with third parties and not the three of is. My only regret is that I don't drive, as that would have reduced the length of time that we spent with third-parties. Aside from that, there was  lot of fodder for blogging, which I will chew over in the coming weeks. All and all, it was a good visit and I may have discovered a new hobby--fell-running! Although I am not much of a runner, I ran almost every day in the past few weeks. As I was travelling with four seniors, some of whom are not in good shape, running gave me a good workout. Good workout=a sense of achievement + less restlessness + less impatience + more appetite. And, food and the tensions surrounding food choices was a big theme of the last leg of our trip. So, I think I am definitely going to write separate blogs on one's relationship with food and on running. 

No comments: