Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Low Expectations vs Open Mind

Maybe it is the state of the world, maybe it is the state of my mind, but I find it difficult to excited about stuff. So much so, that I cannot remember the last time I was excited about anything. Excited enough not to have to feign excitement even a bit. But, this is not a whine about how grey my life has become. The advantage of low expectations is that they limit your disappointment. If you don't have far to fall, you don't fear the fall. If an event gets cancelled, well, it wasn't going to be a riot anyway. Don't get me wrong. I wish I was able to get more excited about stuff. But, if I am not able to, the next best thing to do is not fret about it. And, life occasionally surprises you for the better. Events that you didn't have much hope for, turn out to be fun. Maybe, calling it low expectations is the wrong way to think about it. Maybe it is going into things with an open mind. 

No comments: