What a day! It started with a flat tyre and ended with me being threatened with a punch to the face by my housemate. Actually, it ended with him apologizing to me, which was good of him or the least he could do. I messaged my landlady telling her what happened, but I deleted the messages before she had read them and after he apologized. Maybe I should have let her know all the same, but I could really do without the bother. I don't know whether I will be cold or warm towards him from this point on. I will behave according to how I feel. When he threatened me, he actually looked like he would punch me. For a while,I thought maybe I should have goaded him on and taken the punch. That would have been a solid reason to have him kicked out, and I would finally know what it feels like to be punched in the face. It would also have caused a whole lot of unpleasantness and my sleep would have been out of the window. Him apologizing and me accepting was the best possible outcome. I did not feel very emasculated either. He looks like he has been in punch-ups before, and I am reasonably sure he would have messed up. But, this experience made me realise that I don't have to live this way. I can afford a bigger place with fewer and saner housemate, and I am going to take baby steps in that direction.
Monday, February 7, 2022
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment