Sunday, August 3, 2025

First Night in 114 King Street

 Yesterday, was brutal because it was a double move. My colleague and his partner were moving to the same town as me, so we first moved their stuff and then came back for my stuff in the same truck. My first impressions of my new place were not great either. It was very hot--the flipside of having a bright cheerful apartment with a lot of windows. And, the traffic was much louder than I remembered it from the viewing. Not to mention that the bedroom door was hanging from the top hinge. From a functional perspective, my previous apartment was better. Lots of storage and kitchen counter space, and modern fittings. It was also a 10-minute cycle ride from the university. It is tempting to keep the status quo if it is bearable, especially if the future is laden with uncertainty. But, I had decided that functionality is over-rated and I should aspire to a better quality of life. So, here I am, in the town that I call a mini-Bristol.

No comments: