Friday, March 30, 2007

My roomie and I were driving back from a movie festival the other evening. I was feeling a little blue because my results were out and as it turned out I would have to reacquaint myself with one especially tiresome subject. Not that I had really worked for the exam but I had hoped I had worked enough. To make matters worse (for me) my friends, my erstwhile companions in distress had left me far behind. They were jubilant and I was anything but.. And suddenly all the talk about us, the farzi (shamming) engineers, not caring about how we fared in exams, rang hollow.

We were driving on a dark by-lane when suddenly my eyes made out a form in the distance. I immediately told warned my roomie and he flashed his dipper which caught a petrified cyclist tinkering with his bike in the middle of the road. My roomie slammed his brakes and moments latter we heard a loud screech as the car behind us did likewise. It was a close shave for the cyclist and for us because onlookers are not known to be charitable towards car owners who run over cyclists, no matter whose fault it is. Similarly car owners are not known to be charitable towards other car owners who brake suddenly and cause a crash, especially if the former heavily outnumber the latter.

And suddenly I didn’t feel so bad any more. At least no one was dead. As long as there is life there is possibility. Things are never as bad as they are made out to be. As long as there is life you can always retire to fight another day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats just it! As long you are alive it is never that serious. It can always be dealt with. And if, just incase, you arent, you dont have to worry about it anymore. But its easy to lose sight of this philosophy in the face of distress.

Anonymous said...

You nicely summed up the issue. I would add that this doesn’t exactly concenplate often. xD Anyway, good post…

Anonymous said...

Hi, good post. I have been pondering this topic,so thanks for sharing. I’ll likely be coming back to your posts. Keep up the good work

Anonymous said...

My partner and I were sent here simply because this particular article was tweeted by a girl I had been following and feel very I made it here. scholarships

financial help

Mishree said...

loved this one,snob.two thumbs up.