( I meant to write this in my blog description but, turns out, they just allow you 500 chars. Which, I discovered, is n't much more than what you can scribble on the back of a match-box.)
I 've always been fond of writing. Back in the school days I used to take part in essay competitions and suchlike. Then the focus used to be on style and verbal jugglery rather than content. A good essay was one which left you slighly zonked with an open dictionary fluttering in your lap. Not blaming the teachers here.I'm sure they kept an eye open for content.The idea was to get kids to express themselves confidently and become comfortable in English. But some of us over-zealous kids took this concept to its etymological extreme.
That was some time back. My writing habit has waned considerably and i have nt taken part in an essay competition, or anything of that sort, in ages. I am seized by inspiration from time to time and maintain a diary for these outbursts but these instances are few and far between. So basically i want to recultivate the writing habit. I know for a fact that the physical act of putting pen to paper( or typing) helps you organize your thoughts better and lends some coherence to them. Otherwise they are just muddled ideas gadding about in your head.
My choice of profession made my literary skills expendable and now i'm not obliged to write for anyone but myself. This is not to say I do n't care for other people's opinions. Its just that i don't care how my postings reflect on me as a person. I used to be very concious about what other people 'thought' of me and, believe me, thats not a very comfortable place to be in.
So here I am. I have no one to compete with, nothing to prove,no pressure at all. This is just another blog floating alongside millions of other obscure blogs in cyberspace but i revel in its obscurity.
Friday, December 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
buy generic viagra viagra vs cialis generic brands of viagra online viagra logo buy viagra online uk lowest price viagra viagra patent viagra from india viagra australia buying viagra in uk viagra 6 free samples 18 takes viagra viagra or cealis viagra discount
Post a Comment